Friday, February 27, 2015

Thomas Rhett Made Me Wanna...

It started with a smile, and didn't quite end with an all night long slow kiss, but I'm totally alright with that. Thomas Rhett, you have jumped to my top five, without a doubt. The vibes during his show at Starland Ballroom accurately illustrated my idea of a country concert. There was beer, cowboy hats, and multiple U.S.A. chants (it's not really a country concert without all of that - GO AMERICA!). 


Other than his best songs (which really is everything), TR also performed the song he wrote for Florida-Georgia Line, Round Here, and a better version of it in my opinion. He serenaded us with an emotional Beer With Jesus (that had me in my feelings). And just like at MSG the night before, he showed us his version of Uptown Funk and Parkin' Lot Party, but when it comes to the atmosphere, there's no comparing the two. Despite the fact that it was a whopping 20 degrees outside, Starland Ballroom really felt like one big parkin' lot party (they actually did have to tow some asses outta there as well). 

TR had the country boy charm turned all the way on last night. He's got a beautiful wife but I'll bet the ladies were wishin' they were his high school sweetheart. I mean, his moves alone... Luke Bryan better watch out! My favorite thing about his performance though, is the fact that he's just having so much FUN on that stage and he's so interactive with the crowd. He brings fans up to sing with him and takes quite a few selfies (jealous). You can't help but love every bit of it.


I can't forget to mention the opener, Alex Hall. I hadn't heard of him until last night, but there's no doubt in my mind that the rest of the country music world will know him soon. Not many people can pull off a Johnny Cash cover, but he had the deep voice and moves to back it up. We didn't have the blues, but he certainly gave us a rhythm. Props to you, Alex. I can't wait to hear more. (IG has the videos and pictures)

The whole night was amazing and there's really no better way to end a show than with Garth Brooks' Friends In Low Places. Honestly, I'd love to be a part of that tour, because it seems like a blast. TR, when can we get another album?

I don't know when it's gonna end
So for now, I'm sorry for partying

#NYCountrified