Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bumpin' the Night with FGL at MSG

I guess I must be spoiled, but a country concert is just not the same in a big arena. Now don't get me wrong, Florida-Georgia Line had the crowd on their feet the entire night, but it just wasn't my scene. To be completely honest, I enjoyed the opener (Thomas Rhett) more than the main act. The whole production was just too big, but I guess that's just how they roll. 



Florida-Georgia Line is all about bringing the party and they had some damn good times. Looking around, I got the feeling that I was surrounded by either die-hard FGL fans or really drunk people (or both in some cases) because they were livin' every minute of the night like there might never be another. I was definitely not on the same level, but I did notice several people leaving before the show was even close to being over. 

Tyler and BK performed all of their biggest hits, but my personal favorites of the night were Sippin' on Fire, Here's to the Good Times and Dirt. I also really would have liked to hear Take it Out on Me and People Back Home, but I guess you can't always get what you want. They also took us out of our country into a little hip-hop with Forgot About Dre and All About That Bass while rockin' some J's (those are Jordan brand sneakers for my cowboy boot loving friends).


Thomas Rhett absolutely killed it. The man is just as fun and lively as I'd hoped, which has me even more fired up to see him in a (much, much) smaller venue. The crowd jumped to their feet for his performances of Get Me Some of ThatMake Me Wanna, and It Goes Like This, where he showed off his sweet moves. I honestly think he could rival Luke Bryan in a dance contest - the man can shake it! TR also did a fun country cover of Uptown Funk, and made his way out into the crowd to sing with a fan (hilarious). What a fun, and true country artist. I am however, a little ashamed to admit that I missed Frankie Ballard's opening performance (a confusion with the set time). Oh well, I guess bad times make the good times better. 

Now I'm not saying your boys (FGL) didn't bring the party. Bottom line: It was exactly what you would expect from a rock/pop country duo. I'll continue to listen to FGL on Spotify, but I'm not sure I'd pay $100 to attend one of their shows again.

Every goodbye is bitter sweet,
So why should we fight what we both need?

#NYCountrified