Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Do You Have Your Concert Buddy?

If you're anything like me, living in New York City has taken a toll on your country concert swag. It's rare to find even ONE person that enjoys country music, much less a suitable sidekick (but you guys are out there, I know it). If you happen to be fortunate enough, though, your best friend also loves country music (I'm not that blessed), and you should be countin' your lucky stars.

For the rest of us, well bless our hearts, as grandma would say. It takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears to find someone we don't mind spending 3 hours with, let alone in a sweaty, tightly packed NYC venue. I found my concert buddy a while back through my school's alumni chapter (Go Knights!). We had one conversation about country music and I knew right then and there that he was the answer to my prayers. We've been each others company to numerous shows now and he even swoops me up from the train station for the ones in NJ. Can I get a "hell yeah"?!


So here's to you, Kevin, *raises beer* and all you other country-music-loving concert buddies out there (even if you are just the boys with the wheels that bring them). You're the heart and the soul and the reason we do what we do. 

Let us not forget, though, that we are never truly safe. Our concert buddies might actually have lives and not be able to attend every event with us (it happens to the best of us). While there's no shame in shopping around or even attending alone (if I can do it, so can you), I actually happen to be great company. And let's be honest, I already bought my ticket. Send me an email at summerdickey@gmail.com. You can crash my party any time ;)

(Tell me about your concert buddy below!)

#NYCountrified