Saturday, January 10, 2015

Baby, Why Don't We Just Dance?

Because we've yet to find out where we can in NYC ...*sigh*

So I'll set the scene for you... It's Saturday night, and all I want to do is play somethin' country and get out on the dance floor, maybe to a little Boot Scootin' Boogie or Cotton Eye Joe. Yeah, that's my kinda night! I'm not even that good, but it's been a while, and I'm dying to go out in my boots. There's just one problem. Where the heck can I line dance in NEW YORK CITY? Great question. For now, it's in the comfort of my own living room.

Thanks to my new Chromecast (yes, I'm late), I pulled up YouTube and learned two dances in a matter of minutes (thanks Miguel!). While this is good for when I finally make my dancing debut in public, it's not so great for my downstairs neighbor and my roommate who just wants to knit in peace (Hi Shamira!). Country folk, we are in a serious pickle! I'll be doing my research but I'd love to hear from you as well. Leave word below so the rest of us know where we can go out with our boots on.

In the mean time, if the country club where you belong is the Honky Tonk, then get down. Turn around. And go to town on these videos. Why? Because you're from the country and you like it that way.

Have fun you all ...and do the watermelon crawl ;)


#NYCountrified