Monday, May 15, 2017

I Like BobbyCast, And I Cannot Lie

It's a typical weekday morning. I've just recently opened my eyes, had a shower and made my first cup of coffee. The next thing I do is load the purple podcast app on my iPhone to see what new BobbyCast episode is in store for me today. Then, I push the power button on my speaker, press 'play' on my phone and I'm transported to Bobby Bones' living room, hanging with what feels like a group of my friends.

I never know exactly what I'm going to get out of each episode, which is half of the fun. Today I might learn how much Kelsea Ballerini and I have in common, or what a kind and down-to-earth human-being Jake Owen is, while tomorrow I might discover that Charles Esten was on Whose Line Is It Anyway? way before he was even considered for the hit TV show, Nashville. It's all interesting stuff. But, aside from the sneak peek into their personal lives, Bobby also uncovers the stories behind their music, and all of the things that had to happen before a song even made its way to my ears. No matter what surprises are in store though, I'm a fan of them all, and it's a guarantee that when the episode comes to an end, I always hop on the subway feeling energized and excited for the day. 


Perhaps the reason why I love this podcast so much is because I literally cannot get enough of country music (truth), but maybe what's even more exciting is that Bobby asks interesting questions - not the boring stuff. I've always said that if I had the chance to interview anyone famous, I wouldn't ask them 'who's your biggest inspiration?' or 'what's it like to perform on stage?'. I would ask them what their favorite Netflix shows are, what's on their "Get Happy" playlists (we all have one), and what keeps them up at night. Bobby gets it. And he's always searching for the honest-to-God truth.

Since listening to the BobbyCast, I've learned so much... not just about the individuals themselves, but about the importance of doing what you love. Hearing these people talk about chasing their dreams, and witnessing Bobby's clear passion for learning about it, is inspiring. Dierks Bentley may seem like a hero at times, but in all reality, he's just a human like you and me, singing Carley Rae Jepson's Call Me Maybe to his son.

Thank you, Bobby, for bringing me closer to the music and the people. <3 

Every day is a good day
It's how you see it, that's what I say
When you wake up in that mind frame
Singing with the Blue Jays, sipping on a latte
Every day is a good day

#NYCountrified