Saturday, May 13, 2017

2016, That's a Wrap.

[This post has been a long time coming]

2016 was spent in and out of concert halls, stomping around stadiums and fields, and racking up a record number of swipes on my MetroCard. I spent countless nights singing my heart out with some of the greatest artists and musicians I know, which gave me all sorts of feelings. And, because I cannot possibly find a way to make beautiful, flowing sentences out of it all, lists will have to suffice. 

Places I set my boots down:

A farm in Nowhere, Tennessee.
A polo field in the middle of San Francisco.
A National Historic Landmark in upper Manhattan.
A home stadium for two National Football League franchises in New Jersey.
A cozy bookstore in Soho.
An 18,000 person arena in Brooklyn.
And many, many more.

Me attempting do my feelings justice: 

Energetically entertaining
Beautifully honored
Wildly empowered
Home sweet home
An electrifying awakening of the soul
Feel-good feelings
Timelessly talented
Emotionally captivating
Unapologetically liberating
Rebelliously young
Dancin' on the ceiling
Exactly how summertime should be
Magically connected
Deeply understood
Member of an underground club
Admiration and appreciation
For the love of the music
Don't mess with Texas

An assemblance of all the tickets:


Needless to say, it was really great. 

I'm not sure what was more challenging, nailing a whole year down to just a few words or a creating a playlist that spans less than 2 hours, but nevertheless, I've attempted both. Listen to my 2016 here.

I tell myself I’m not in love
But one more time is not enough
One last kiss and then you’re a goner
And I’m here wishing you could stay a little longer

#NYCountrified