Monday, August 10, 2015

Killin' the Lights and Strippin' It Down with Luke Bryan

So it's Monday, and I'm STILL trying to get a handle on what happened Friday night. What was it, you ask? Luke Bryan, my friends. And if this photo provides any insight to how I'm feeling, well, then you just might understand.


Last Tuesday, Citi announced it's exclusive Luke Bryan show at Irving Plaza on Friday, August 7. Within minutes of it's on-sale time, tickets were gone. Though fans only knew about the show 3 days prior, there was still plenty of time to build up excitement. Not only was it Luke Bryan, but it was Luke Bryan at a venue that holds a max of 1,025 people! Yeah, betcha never thought that would happen. But it did, and boy are we glad! (THANK YOU CITI)

Just as expected, by 6:30 on Friday the line at Irving Plaza was already halfway around the next block. The copious amounts of boots and flannel were a dead giveaway to passersby that this was unlike most nights in the popular Union Square neighborhood. And by 8:30, the crowd inside was chanting, "Luuuuuuuuke!" It was pretty clear we all knew we didn't want this night to end.


His hour-long set included some of his most popular hits, Play It Again, Roller Coaster, and Country Girl Shake It for Me, as well as Kill The Lights (which he actually did at one point) and more songs off of his new (and rather fantastic) album, which was just released on the day of the show. Side note - I don't know about you, but Kill The Lights just makes me wanna shake it. The beat sounds like it was stolen from a Michael Jackson song (and I'm not complaining there). Somebody, please play it again.

The man's dancing gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. No Luke, I can't move when you move. (Country boy, shake it for me!) Well, not only did he shake it for us, he drank a beer for us, and he even stripped it down for us! And by stripped it down, I mean he played with just himself and the piano (don't get too excited, ladies). He turned Irving Plaza into a party. 

Man, if I could've hit pause, I would've somehow. But it don't work like that. In case you can't quite understand how I felt, let me put it into some LB lyrics for ya... It's like all you keep trying to do is slow it down, soak it in. You're trying to make the good times last as long as you can. But you can't, man. It just goes too fast... (*tear*)

Surprisingly though, I left that night feeling completed and utterly satisfied. I usually leave a concert with serious PCD (Post-Concert Depression), but I was more than happy with how everything went. I got my  (totally unexpected, but totally AMAZING) picture. I saw him dance. And I was part of a night that many people would pay serious money for (and let's be honest, some of you did). 

Luke, I don't know what you did, but you done it good
. And now (if not before), I can't go anywhere, I can't do anything
. No, I can't close my eyes without you in my dreams
.


Check out Instagram for more beautiful pictures videos ;)

It's like there's something in the air
That turns you wild 
when a country song is way up loud 
and the sun goes down

#NYCountrified