Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It May Be August, But We Ain't Runnin' Outta Summer Yet

Alright, so it's August (sigh). And you might be in a panic, thinking "Hot damn, the summer's almost over and I haven't done anything yet!" Slow it down my friends. We still have lots of summer left, and I'll tell you what I'LL be doing to make the most of it.

Tonight: Sitting on my couch watching the CMA Music Festival on ABC hosted by Little Big Town.

August 5: Hanging out on the shore with Dylan Scott and Derek Crider at Jenks Club (did I mention this is FREE).

August 7: It’s been a long, hot summer, and we should be together with Keith Urban at the TODAY show or kickin' the dust up with Luke Bryan at GMA. Then LB round 2 for his exclusive show at Irving Plaza... but Jersey for Toby Keith at PNC Bank Center isn't a bad idea either. 

August 13: Where I'd like to be is with Lee BriceEric Paslay and The Cadillac Three at Mercer County Park Festival Grounds OR with Sam Hunt (heard he's single for the summer), Michael Ray and Joel Crouse at Pennysaver Amphitheater... but I'll most likely just be sitting on my couch, if I'm being completely honest (not having a job limits one's spending abilities). 

August 15: Jason AldeanKenny Chesney, Brantley Gilbert, Cole Swindell and Old Dominion are all at MetLife Stadium. There's really no excuse not to be there, other than the fact that tickets on StubHub start at a whopping $154 for upper bowl. So call up all your rowdy friends and crank that country up loud. Lee Brice won't be there, but it'll certainly be one hell of a parkin' lot party.

August 19: I guess I'm making all the right wrong turns that night with Old DominionOutshyne and Kendal Conrad at Jenk's Club... oh, and it's free :)

August 20-23: The four-day long Brooklyn Country Music Festival at The Bell House sounds enticing enough.

August 21 & 22: I'll be knee deep with Zac Brown Band at Citi Field on one of these days (or maybe both).

August 26: I just can't get away from a good time, and Logan Mize and Rachel Allyn at Jenks Club sounds like something I can't pass up (again, free).

August 27: Ready, set, roll. Chase Rice is well worth my trip to Starland Ballroom in New Jersey with Carter Winter and Scott DeCarlo.

August 29: It's just a hop, skip and jump to The Shop in Brooklyn for The Cadillac Three.

So what will you do before the summer dies? Sounds like I'll be busy. Will you?

Be sure to check out the events calendar for the full country music schedule the rest of this summer! And stay tuned for my September plans - it's going to be one crazy month!

#NYCountrified

Got a whole lot of time left
There's still so many sunsets
To make a night that we won't forget, baby
Ain't runnin' outta summer yet