Monday, April 11, 2016

Why You Shouldn't Hesitate to Listen to Steve Moakler

Do yourself a favor and buy a ticket to this show right now.


Who's Steve Moakler, you ask? I certainly don't know much, but what I do know is that you've probably heard his hit Suitcase, and you probably love it (because how could you NOT?). 

Lately I've been in the mood for some fresh music - a new artist, or at least something outside of my monthly playlist that gets entirely too much love (no offense, Kenny). I did some clicking around on Spotify today via the "Related Artists" feature and stumbled across Steve Moakler. Remembering how much I adore Suitcase, I figured I'd give him a shot. Easily the highlight of my day. 

One thing led to another, and here I am, purchasing a ticket to his show at Mercury Lounge later this month. His music is exactly what I'd hoped to find - refreshing, beautiful, and honest. Hesitate had my heart from the moment I heard the piano... and the words... and let's be honest, everything else (it's love). I'm not even halfway through everything he's got on Spotify and I can already tell you he's going to be my new favorite. If you don't believe me, those 172,112 other listeners should count for something, right?

Happy listening.

I've always been the kind to contemplate
But you like the kind that don't hesitate

#NYCountrified